Sunday, October 7, 2007

New Boots!

I am now officially out in blog land. I've been reading lots of blogs on cycling and skating and now I have one. I'm not sure how much I will be updating it but it will be used for my athletic achievments and failures, how I'm doing and what's up with my life. I think it will be used mostly for friends and family to see what i'm up to. I also want to make it more of a picture blog.





















Bear with me as I learn how to use this but this post seems ok.

I wanted to get this going because I got my new Long Track speedskating boots from Bruce Kohen at http://ssboots.com/ . I am so pumped. They are so cool looking and they feel great. He makes the coolest boots IMHO. I went thru 3 other custom boot makers in skating before I got some that I would skate on. Van Horne made me a great set in 2001 and they have held up great. I have been on SS short tracks for a month or so and now I got the Long Tracks. He nailed the fit so perfect. I've heard this from others in SLC as well and I really wanted to shout from the rooftops about this so I figured I'd blog it. Here are the pics......see above/


I skated on them for 30 minutes Friday night break in period. Then I went out and raced on them Sat morning at the Weekend TTs in SLC. I did a pretty good opener 10.7 on them and almost fell in first turn just because I have moved up my clap hinge. Then later I did a 3k and rocked on them with about a total of an hour skating on the boots. My feet have no hot spots and the fit is PERFECT.
Here's the results from Sat (500m & 3k) I did.
Mike Stein skated a PB and got in the 36s in the 500. Paul Narwold broke 40 with a PB (personal best).....that is a milestone for sure. Hope I helped him giving him a fast opener and I know he had a birds eyes view of my "great save" in the corner. I heard that from a few people. You don't realize how fast you are going till you almost take a header. There were a bunch of PBs this weeekend as well. Congrats to all. Keith rocked it in the 500 and 3k with two PBs. Hotchkiss 3k PB as well. Lisa 2:30 is fast for those "huge" legs of yours. Caleb I just saw your 1500 time. That's a good one for sure. Keep at it.

No comments: