Friday, May 15, 2009

ISU experiment at SLC (new Short Track track?)



The ISU is testing out a new Short Track this weekend at the oval from 1-6pm on Saturday. Skaters from around the world are here for this Test Event. I've seen Korea, Germany, Belgium, Italy, Hungary, US, Great Britain and Canada. Here's a pic of the new track that I drew out to give you an idea of what it's like. It's like the old safety track back in the day as the Ringer would tell me.
New blocks too that they are trying out. I had this design in my head after block chasing and seeing blocks stick to the ice. They are much smaller and you cannot boot out on them. Plus they are safer as Peiter Geisel was saying he was impaled on the thigh falling on a block. These are softer as well. Not everyone feels that way though? A Belgian guy said that they should go back to the old wooden blocks from 30 years ago? with the flags in them? Guess change is hard for some people.





more on this later.......

No comments: