Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ice is Back

Here's an article on the Olympic Oval yesterday. I've been watching the ice making process at the rink for the past few weeks.

Here's a little audio slideshow of how the ice is made. I didn't even know the oval had a marketing director? I know they have been thru a few of them.


I won't get into the contract negotiations and the politics of the oval. Suffice to say that the foundation was to keep these venues going and for the kids of Utah. I can count on one hand the number of local kids speedskating. It's really sad. Heck we had more skaters in Baystate in Boston without an oval. It looks like Eva R has posted a comment on this article.

Here's a link of some shots of the national team short trackers who I see skate after The New Edge Group most mornings at 8:45 on my way to work. They are training really hard from what I see and hear.

We have a huge group of Short Trackers in Mike Kooreman's group and it's been fun skating short track. I can't believe I'm going to say this but I'm not really looking forward to skating Long Track?? I'm really enjoying going around in little circles.

No comments: