Thursday, July 10, 2008

In Memory of my Dad

This Saturday I'm doing the Big Cottonwood Hillclimb for the American Cancer Society in memory of my father (Carl Boudreau). I donated $70 for this already and am looking for any matching donations for any amount ($1 per mile or anything you wish/how about $1 per foot of vertical). I haven't updated here in a while and there so much to catch up on.



This is a 12.8 mile race/fundraiser which climbs 3800 feet. It's for a great cause and a beautiful ride. I have been doing this ride the most times ever this year and it should be better than last year. I did a hill climb two weeks ago at Don Mealing's Skater Party. Hillclimb races are "not my bag baby" (in my best Austin Powers voice) but somehow among the skaters I placed 2nd. I don't think i've ever made it to the top of a hill 2nd even in a training ride. I'm the lightest I've ever been tipping the scales at 190 so hopefully i'll get a PB this weekend.












To donate to the American Cancer society for the hillclimb this weekend go here. Thanks for your help in fighting cancer.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Great cause! :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

If I saw you out riding I would put you in the ditch....I am not joking. Please remove these photos you are not doing anybody favors!!!

Lady M said...

It's obvious to all that you love this sport. It is also obvious the love you have for your father and wanting to combine the two is heartfelt and perfect.

"pimp" hmm, wow you must have mighty big balls to be trashing someone like that. the memory of his father is something powerful. Something you'll never know until you go through it yourself. Then to threaten harm, pretty fucking immature of you. The joy and excitement Brian shows for this sport is only a testiment to how great it is. You, of cours would not understand that as you only wish to show how negative other cyclists are and can be to others. No wonder you have to post under a fake name, because if I saw you out riding you'd have to explain to your club why you let a woman beat the shit out of you.