Monday, November 5, 2007

Martin Hangii

Some info about a World Cup skater I met at the oval last week. He hopped in during some of our laps. We raced on Saturday. He's a great guy and postive person here from Swissland. He is 38 years old and an ex hockey player and didn't start skating till he was 30. Wow can we have anymore in common.

We talked about our 500 on Saturday and we both were "tight" as he said. The time didn't matter he said as how we skated.....very tight and forcing it. How do you relax in a 500. The first thing is to loosen that jaw and RELAAX. I thought for sure we did a high 37 since I didn't miss any steps but when you don't have power in each push you go slower.

I'll be cheering for my new friend on the 1500 and 5k for the Swiss team this weekend. He said he's still trying to get the ice feel since he hasn't been on the ice that long. We take for granted here what others have to wait for. Quebec's Gaeton Boucher oval just opened this past weekend and Lake Placid's Bunny Sheffield oval will not open for another few weeks.

From Googling him, we talked briefly in the weight room before I skated Monday night. He is an inliner and I would assume strong since his forte is the longer races. He was obviously a high level inliner since he skated for Rollerblade way back in 2000. Here's a pretty impressive result.....

http://www.chez.com/rollercourse/results_paris.htm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take a look at St-Gallen's 111km races results, you'll find him well ranked there too. I heard he now has a training company, called SmartSports.