Friday, November 9, 2007

Press Conference on the SLC World Cup

Update: The isu website is up! http://www.isuresults.eu/2007-2008/worldcup/saltlakecity/


Jared Eborn writes about the oval and the lack of organization of the "press conference". They let the press know an hour before that there is a "press conference". Also, he has an entry today about an autograph session of the ST Team Sat night. There was no mention of the B group skating at 9am on most days and it looks like the isu.org website is down as well. No pairs or start times to be found anywhere and you wonder why we have only "our own fans" as my wife says.

http://irideiwrite.wordpress.com/2007/11/08/skinsuits-and-killer-quads/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brian,

I hope I didn't offend you (or anyone else) by not mentioning the B Group skaters.

In my crazy world of journalism we have limited space, limited time and limited resources. So we naturally focus on the A Group because that is where the World Records will fall.

And, yes. I vented a little about the timing of the press conference. Normally that would not have been a problem, but I was on daddy duty that day with three kids in my pocket because parent-teacher conferences were going on and school was not in session.

Had I known earlier, I could have found a sitter and been in attendance at the presser.

But it was probably bad form of me to gripe on a blog about it.

The blog I write is not work affiliated, so I sometimes say things there I might not in an article. I better keep that in mind as I blog.

If you're at the oval this weekend, stop and say howdy. I'm doing football and basketball games on Saturday, but will be back on Sunday.

Boudie said...

No problem with me Jared. That is your job and what you are paid to do. It seems very unprofessional of whoever is running the press conferences to do that. I hate to go on the negative here but I was just stating facts. You keep up the great work and we (speedskating) appreciate the press.
It's just sad that a bunch of women beating the crap out of each other on the Roller Derby out draw a World Cup 5 to 1.