Monday, March 3, 2008

Hockey vids

Tonite i went after practice to help out a squirt team. I used to play hockey and it was a huge part of my life. Here's some awesome videos i found tonite....

This video actually makes me cry here watching it. I remember watching this game and just being in the 1980 rink (Herb Brooks Arena) is inspiring.



Forward to 2:18 to see why I skate.....many rinks were built in Boston because of this man. Thank you Bobby!



One More! Wow. My dad was a Boston Cop. He would work alot of Bruins games during the 70s. I went to some games and lots of Red Sox games back then. Red Sox games were empty back then :). He would be in the locker room with the Bruins and tell me how nice a guy Bobby was. He was a very humble guy with a God given talent. He would tell me that his legs were huge and the stories of these goals were even bigger to me. i like how he fakes out the wing AND cameraman at 2:59.


Apparently there's a new book out on #4. See why he was the best IMHO.




Props up though to the great one (Gretz) and Lemeiux.



Had to add one for #99. He was inspiring to watch growing up.



If anyone I played hockey with reads this shoot me an email. Paul Laubenstien, Marty Loughnane, Mike Novak, David Rennie, Brian Noonan, John Lovell, Brian Assad, Chris Spillane, and anyone else I can't think of right now from Archbishop Williams, UMass/Boston, or the Labatt's Blue Hockey Team and the Hofbrau House in Quincy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great clips! Can't go wrong with any clip from the 1980 Hockey team.

Hope all is well out there, I'm looking forward to next week's American Cup! See you there!