Monday, January 21, 2008

Lake Placid Age Group Nationals

I will be there! Some tough 40-49 year olds will be giving me a run for my money. These guys are either crafty, strong, fast or all of the above.

I got some emails and people asking me if I am coming to other Master meets. It's all about $$$$. If you want me to skate your meet send me some cold hard cash. I'm sure no one is reading this but if you have a wealthy friend who wants to see me skate it can't hurt to ask. Hey I can wish on a star. There are so many meets I'd love to do this year but the funds don't add up. Masters in Calgary, Masters International in MKE, National Marathon looks cool, ST old man Nationals, and the list goes on.

I had to pass on the Master Worlds in Erfurt since work wouldn't like me gone for 6 days. I still get fired up thinking about that one false start I did last year that ended my meet in Calgary. I learned in an All Round meet you can't win it with the 500 but you can lose it. That start rule needs to be CHANGED!! Everyone I talk to agrees but the ISU has there heads up there #$#$. One false start gives both skaters a false start??? Then I moved once and I'm gone. I've heard that it's all about TV...Dutch TV which rules speedskating.

Looking forward to going back to where it all began for me on the Long Track. There will be fun on the ice in Lake Placid. It looks like it will be cold for sure. Hopefully I see alot of old and new faces.

I talked to my good buddy Dick Ring and he will be there for the weekend enjoying the great outdoors. He's a legend of New England Bike Racing.

He is extensively quoted in the book Hearts of Lions. I would highly recommend it as required reading for any cycling racer. You will learn of the 4 velodromes that we had here in Salt Lake City as well as so many other things.

Hey Pimp if you are reading this I need my copy back.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

SOLD IT ON EBAY, I think Primetime got it............

Anonymous said...

Brian,

Great to see you again, and it was great to see you win the Masters 40-49 title.

It was bittersweet to see you beat my friend Marty Haire.

Wow was that ever close.

You guys were AMAZING!!!