Sunday, January 27, 2008

Week round up & Chad's back

Skated alot this week and did some short track. Andrew has an interesting post on the Salt City Sprints (http://www.andrewlove.org/blog). Terri has some excellent pics of everyone in the albums......

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/ipickphotos/BrianBoudreau

Raced in the SLC Time Trials yesterday.

http://www.speedskatingresults.com/index.php?section=2&competition=732&page=info/competitiondetails.php

Everything I have been working on went out the window in the 500. Hate when that happens. Didn't skate relaxed (easy speed).
Couldn't get low off the start and legs were tired. I had a good 1st 6 steps off the line with Liam Ortega. Then couldn't keep up and I was in "chase mode". I don't skate well in "chase mode". I was not doing my own thing. Turn entry wasn't deep enough as I was behind. Coach Kraan said I was pushing back on the back stretch. Shitty set up of last turn and sort of gave up. Legs hurt big time only 250m into the race. Mentally was thinking how in the world will I do 3k in 30 minutes.

3k against Liam again. He took off and went over the top on the 2nd lap. I skated my own race and was in pain after a couple of laps. I kept it together for flat lap times and slight negative coming in.....one 32 and all 33s. The plan was for a flat race of all 32s but not on this day. I heard some people cheering for me. Eric Kraan said I have the best pain face as the last lap I had my eyes almost closed.

Paul Dyrud rocked a 3k as did Kreg Greer on the 500m. Josh Wood had a PB in the 5000m. It was interesting watching a Taekwondo tournament at the oval while we raced.

It looks like Chad is back. http://www.isuresults.eu/2007-2008/worldcup/hamar/

World Allrounds are just around the corner. Shani has chosen not to race b4 so should be interesting in Berlin. Chad was only a second or so off Bokko's 1st place in the 10k World Cup in Hamar today. After seeing his last 10k (1 minute off his PB).....good for him. 6th or 7th in the 1500 as well.

One last thing. Short Track Am Cup. Looks like Anthony Lobello got the W for the men and Jessica Smith got 3rd for the women. Good for them. I heard Anthony hadn't been training recently??? Haven't seen him in a while at the oval but who knows..... what a great skater he is in both Short Track and Long Track.

results are here: http://www.ohiospeedskating.com/

Other skaters of interest to me. Vicky Labourdette was 11th. I did some hard workouts with Vicky and Jessica. They are both fast. Matt Fergusion, Chris Creveling, Nick Frank, Jonathan Garcia and Sebastian Cano also were at many early morning ST workouts.

No comments: