Saturday, January 12, 2008

Tagged

I was tagged by polska.

1. I have been skating for 37 years. I was a goalie for my college hockey team UMass/Boston. The team has not been good lately. We were 18-10-1 my senior year way back in 88/89. Myself and the other goaltender (John Haley) were co MVPs. We had a great coach who turned our program around (Bill Stewart).
2. Lately i have been eating the same breakfast (Blueberry bagel with cottage cheese and Dunkin Donuts coffee).
3. My first bike race in Utah was down at RMR in 2002. I lasted about 10 minutes before getting dropped. No one was calling me a wheel sucking sprinter then.
4. During the day I pretend to be a computer programmer. I program in a Language called M
5. I am the youngest of 4 boys. My mom is 85 now and had me when she was 43. My brothers are all over 60.

6 comments:

Teri said...

Those are all pretty interesting facts!

Piotrek said...

Hey, thanks for that. So you're one of the 10 living programmers who know 'M', hey? ;-)

37 years skating? Were you born on ice?

Boudie said...

i thought they were pretty boring but that's all I could think of. Yes I started skating at 5 or so.....but didn't "learn to skate" till about 11 or 12 and am still learning.
Yes thankfully there's only a few of us Mumps programmers around. Not too many young guns would decide to program in Mumps. Makes it easier to make $$$ to play the bike and skate game.

Anonymous said...

So, I was getting on the ice the other day, and I saw this goalie waddling onto the ice, and I thought to myself, "there's not a chance he'd be a speedskater." After seeing your #1, I'm thinking I need to eat my words! I guess goalies can transition to fast skating!
- Peter H

Anonymous said...

goalies can skate???

actually, goalies are usually terrific skaters, because they have to be so agile with all that equipment on.. goalies do a tremendous amount of difficult stuff on their skates...

what goalie was it that could jump over his net with a standing broad jump? he played for the rangers for years... Hrudy?

Anonymous said...

Standing broad jump over the net! whoa! I'd love to see it. Now THAT's a fast-twitch guy!
- Peter H