Sunday, January 6, 2008

Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon

This is how I wish we raced here in America. That's a cool vid of Herenveen and how much the Dutch appreciate Shani and speedskating.



This is the Shani that I know. Here's an interview I found that was right after the Olympics. He's a skater and now a dad. I still can't believe that more than his WRs. You can see his love for skating even though he is a pro.




Here's the Teri's awesome pics from yesterdays's Short Track in Park City. I raced against my block chasing partner Jonathan Valdivia and Matt from Oklahoma. Matt's doing well for skating a short time. Great kids those two. They listen to me alot more than I would to anyone when I was under 20. It's great when they both ask questions and listen to me. I barely held Jonathan off for the win. He has improved so much so fast. See his progression video:

http://youtube.com/profile?user=javald

I made a nice pass in the 1000m right after he passed me. Hopefully he has the video.

I got the lucky 1 spot in the 500 and lead it start to finish. Jon was worried about falling as the ice was chipping out a little. I thought he might get me as I was having issues as well. 1500m he took it out hard with like 10 to go and it was a diefest. Only I died hard with like 3 to go. I mean HARD! Fun relay then a fun? 3000m.
It was great watching all the races. I can see the progress most everyone has made. It made me realize why I love skating not so much for winning but for the competition. It's nice when you win obviously. I could have raced Masters but mixed it up with kids less than 1/2 my age. I wish more skaters here came out for this. I had no idea who would show up. The year before I got 4th in SR men as most all of Mike Kooreman's New Edge group came out.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ipickphotos/UtahWinterGamesShortTrack

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the Shani videos-those were great. How'd you find them? Shani always seemed enigmatic on US television, but in that interview he seemed like a happy kid. Way cool.
-Peter H

Boudie said...

I had to look up enigmatic as I'm a jock you know.

Yes NBC produced a great reality show called the 2006 Olympics. Bring me back to my childhood when you just watched the races not the Docu dramas made for TV. Franz Klammer, Eric Heiden and the 1980 US Hockey Team. There was no reality stories just the games and they showed most all of the competition. Not just the top. Heck if you watched the speedskating you would think there was only a few competitors. You wouldn't know that ST had 32 guys and 32 girls.

They have to make the characters for the "show". Just think what shit your fed by the same media for the "World News". You have to remember that those Olympics were recorded and they didn't need to show that clip of him after he won the 1000. They made him look like an "angry black man". That's not the Shani I know. The Dutch really seem to love Shani and know the real Shani.
As far as how I found them I don't know. Just searched from here to there....never can find the same stuff twice on the internet.